Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Reminder

I was reminded today of one of the miracle's in my life. I love how our Heavenly Father provides opportunities for us to remember the good things in our life. I have been involved in a couple car accidents (both as driver and passenger) and of course there was the major head trauma/accident that I went through (see my very first posts) so my neck has to occasionally be adjusted by a chiropractor. With our recent move to Tallahassee I had to find a new chiropractor, and luckily my sister-in-law knew someone. I met with him last week and told him a little of what had happened to me, not going much in depth about everything, but just how it happened and being momentarily paralyzed the first few days after I woke up. The doctor did a bunch of tests on me and we met again today to analyze the results and look at the x-rays and discuss the exercises I should do. What struck me, and drove me to blog after such a long time of not posting, was how amazed this doctor was with me. Everything he showed me proves that I am completely fine after my accident. Not just that I am ok with residual effects of my accident, nor that I am ok with signs that I had the accident, but that I am completely fine. His tests show that my bones are fine, my muscles are fine, my neurological tests came back fine, my reflexes are fine, etc. He repeated a couple of times how blessed I am. That is why I wanted to post. I am reminded of how blessed I am. The Lord shows us His tender mercies all the time. We need to have open eyes and a humble heart to see them, but when we do how grateful we become. I am grateful for the Lord's power that healed me and that today reminded me of it!

No comments: