Friday, July 17, 2009

Back in Florida

Well, as everyone probably knows already (either by talking with us or reading my wife's blog) we have moved back to Florida. This time, however, we are in Tallahassee and living in a doctor's office below my sister-in-law's family.

Despite my love for my last job I was let go. I put a lot of hard work into getting the home health company off the ground from nothing to treating and caring for a lot of patients. It was a good learning experience and I had tons of help from lots of people, but I guess I wasn't the right person on the bus (for anyone who has read "Good to Great"). I left with good feelings towards the company and with a lot of good friends at Advanced Health Care and AHC Home Care. Christina and I talked and prayed about what to do next.

Everything seemed to be pointing us to moving to Tallahassee. I have wanted for years to get my MBA and FSU has a very good program that is cheaper than most. We would be able to live with family and therefore receive a break on rent (versus paying a lot for our apartment in CO). We also would be able to help my sister-in-law's go back to church. Given the current state of the economy we figured it would be just as hard for me to get a job in Florida as in Colorado. Then, one night while serving in the temple, I read the Ensign (I think it was the April issue), and discovered that the first 20 some odd pages were all about getting a quality education to further your chances in the world. The more I read the more it seemed to fit, moving to Tallahassee and going to school. I was the first one to suggest moving and when I specifically said Tallahassee I think Christina almost fell out of her chair! She of course moved with alacrity on that decision and hence she has a job already and I don't.

We have enjoyed our time here, even though we literally live in a doctor's office and only have one room and bathroom for our stuff. We spend most of our time upstairs with family anyway. I continue to look for a job so we can figure out what is going on with our lives and maybe even get a house sooner rather than later. I guess if anyone knows of something please let me know. We've been going pretty regularly to the gym we joined (I need to lose some weight and get back in shape) and being home more during the day has allowed me to start a new project with the help of my cousin Robbie. We are still working on it, but will reveal it in all it's glory as soon as we have it ready, so be looking forward for it! ;)

No comments: