Monday, October 26, 2009

The Weekend

So, this was an up and down weekend. I helped Christina clean out her grandmother's garage, clean it out and organize it. It looks great now and I'll try to put a picture at the end of the post so you can see. Unfortunately we don't have a before picture, so you can't see how it was before, but it was a lot of stuff. So yesterday I was sore and that continues today a little bit. It still feels good to not only get a good workout but to, in the process, help someone do something that they couldn't do for themselves. Service! It's great.

In football this weekend there was a lot of up and down. Two of my top three teams won, so I'm happy about that, but my number one team, BYU, lost badly. They got spanked by TCU. I think they should have at least been able to make it a good game if not even win, but it seems like they didn't show up to play. I know TCU's defense is good and very fast, but BYU always seemed to make some stupid mistake that resulted in a turnover and points, a sack, a three and out series, a punt, etc. They are better than that! But Texas won and even FSU won on Thursday (not quite the weekend, but close (to the weekend and a very close game)).

Anyway, I'm left with waiting, again, this week to see if I get any job offers. I have two jobs that I interviewed for last week. One, with Capelouto (the pest control company) was a 2nd round interview, so when they call at the end of this week it will be with a job offer. The second, with Target, will call and offer me a 2nd round interview. I hope I will then be able to have two great jobs to have to chose between. That's what Christina and I keep praying for and we would appreciate any prayers from you all. Prayer really works.

Doesn't that garage look beautiful!??! Before you could barely walk through the middle. Yes, we took a truck load of stuff to the dump too.

No comments: