Thursday, October 15, 2009

Truth & Lies

I read an interesting article in the Ensign yesterday and so have named this post after the title of said article, Truth & Lies. If you haven't read it, I recommend you do so, mostly because I think it will speak to you as it spoke to me. It focuses on the lies that Satan tries to tell us in order to separate our hearts and minds from focusing on the truth. The prophet and president Ezra Taft Benson taught that in the latter days Satan would specifically use "despair, discouragement, despondency, and depression" to overcome the Saints. How true that is!!

Now, you may say that this particularly struck a cord with me because, after 6 months of trying to find a job in today's economy it is natural to be despaired or get discouraged. I'll admit, that is true to a degree. It has been really hard for me (for whatever reason, most likely our culture, your self-worth seems to hinge, however incorrectly, on your ability to work/find a job). However I found that reading the article focused on so many other things that I thought it worthwhile to mention to everyone who may read my blog. I did not realize how insidious Satan is in the lies he tells. He has slowly pulled the whole world down towards hell, and therefore we see examples all around us of those lies. I promise that the Lord's love and mercy is so much greater than we realize! His divine love is not putting us on a rating scale; we are all loved as His children even though we have made mistakes and He does not love nor accept our sins.

The article fulfilled it's purpose. It reminded me of our Heavenly Father's and our Savior's divine love for me! It provided me hope and joy and peace by reminding me of the Lord's mercy and redemption.

No comments: