Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It's Always Funny w/ Robbie

This is probably one of those hilariously funny statements that you never want to hear over the phone, or anytime in your life for that matter (if you're a heterosexual guy, but if you're a female, you may just want to hear these words (but again, not over the phone)). I was talking with my cousin Robbie, who is studying to become a notary public, and who had called me to tell me that one of the things that he can now do is solemnize a marriage. Of course we are family and guys so he was giving me some good natured ribbing about how it would make my day and something about my girlfriend (who is the most beautiful, amazing, kind, incredible, gorgeous girl ever!!!!!!!) and a wedding (I don't know, his maybe?! but not to Christina!!). He ended the phone conversation by saying "So I just wanted you to know I can marry you." That's it, not "I can perform a marriage for you," nor "I can perform a marriage for you and (fill in blank) and give you oodles of money." Just "Now I can marry you." Needless to say, we got a really good laugh out of that!!

P.S. - I know I said my next post would be about why my blog is called "Running Backwards!" but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to tell you what it's like living with my cousin. My next post will be about the title, promise!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

**SUSPENSE**

Ashley said...

Well, I must say that your prospective marriage to Robbie sheds more light on the conversation I had with him this evening... He posted on my blog that he is a passionate kisser. The comment made me laugh knowing my family was reading it wondering who this passionate kissing commentor was...so I told him it was funny.

He stated, "Funny because it is true."

I, in my always serious manner prodded, "Prove it...Go kiss Russ."

Robbie responded, "I already did tonight... But not passionately...that is reserved for just the right time."

Russell said...

For the record let me state that I am not getting married to Robbie!! I don't, despite what others in the ward may think or what he says, snuggle with him nor do I passionately kiss him! I have heard that he is a passionate kisser from previous girlfriends of his. If anyone reading this can attest to that fact or wants to try it out and let me know how it goes you are welcome to try!!

Michael W. Brown said...

Russell, I am elated to see that you have begun blogging. I am sure it is only a matter of time before Matt Drudge puts your blog on his site.

janabananagirl said...

Hey pal! Welcome to the blog world! Sounds like things are going well for you in Florida! Oh, and I am curious about the blog title, but I think I might already know the story. I'll have to check back in to see if I'm right. Cheers!

Lynnie said...

Tada! I'm so honored to already be linked on your blog, and with such an affectionate name. Did you see my post about nicknames? I'm so glad you're a blogger now. Love it!
And don't worry. Everyone already knows you and Robbie do things the way heterosexuals do them...

Anonymous said...

congrats robbie and rusty.
p.s. i'm cool, too.