Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Change

OK, it has taken me this long to figure out something to write for my new post, and I don't know if I even have it down coherently enough to make sense to anyone reading this (probably even myself, when I go back to read it). For those of you who may not know I don't like change very much. Oh, I don't mind little changes and of course I want to change myself so that I become a better person and become what my heavenly Father wants of me, but I don't like other things to change much. Of course this presents a problem for many people in their 20s! Changes come in the form of going off to school, changes come when you realize that your major isn't right for you and you have to change it and your classes (sometimes multiple times!), changes come when you are blessed and privileged enough to go on a mission and change the way you act and think every second of every day. Then, when you graduate from college and think you know what you want to do with your life changes come because this is the real world. You may change your job (and it may have nothing at all to do with your degree or the classes you took in college) or your roommate (though if your married you shouldn't and hopefully never do change that!). And that's what started me on this diatribe about change.

My cousin Robbie has been one of my favorite cousin roommates of all time (he's tied for 1st with Chris Porter and Jared Laney (and for those of you who know, Jared is not technically one of the cousins but we have adopted him as such so he counts!)). The other two are married (to wonderful and beautiful women) and I am happy for them, but I was very excited when I had the opportunity to live with Robbie again. Now he is going down to Miami and I am left without a roommate, and without furniture, and without the 42" LCD HDTV hooked up to the computer . . . I mean, without a roommate, yea, that's what I meant! I am happy for Robbie though, this will be a much better job for him and he seems excited about it. Of course the fact that he got an answer to go makes a world of difference too! I will miss having a roommate with crazy antics and jokes, someone to talk to late at night about life, the gospel, and girls. Before I go too much further let me just stress that I have just such a person that I can be with and talk to about all of these things, a best friend, she just can't be my roommate ;) ! So, basically what I am saying is that I will miss Robbie a lot but I wish him luck in his endeavors and work. And to all the ladies in south Florida, watch out! He's a catch!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

At first I thought it was a blog about beggars.... because change is really hard to come by these days. I mean, with credit cards and all. It has been a blast living with you and don't think for a minute that I won't miss that. Remember that in Coral Gables, alli tienes tu casa cuando quiera. La pura fiesta, carnal! :)

Anonymous said...

I'M COOL, TOO.

The Au Family said...

emily, you want to be Russell's new cousin roommate? Is that what you are saying?

Anonymous said...

no, i'm mostly just saying that i'm way cooler than robbie.

Russell said...

Come on! Neice E'Mily, don't you want to be uncle rusty's roommate? I'm hurt and offended. Am I not cool enough for you?

Unknown said...

Any other changes in your life? ;)